THE OWENS GROUP LTD, INC. PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES
We would like to take this opportunity to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
II. Information we collect and the means used to collect
Owens Group Ltd. Inc. may collect information from you that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Owens Group Ltd. Inc. collects this necessary information from the following sources from applications or other forms that we may receive from you. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address and phone number.
To collect this information Owens Group Ltd. Inc. may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically and online.
III. How we share nformation with nonaffiliated third parties
We don’t share information with nonaffiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Owens Group Ltd. Inc. may share all of the information listed above with nonaffiliated third parties for, including but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Information that is necessary to service or process your insurance needs, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agents.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes or inquiries.
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing our legal compliance.
- Information that is required for Owens Group Ltd. Inc. to comply with the law.
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability.
IV. How we share client information with affiliated parties
We do not share information with any affiliate.
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.
We will punish any employees who impermissibly share client information.
A cookie is a small file that our website sends your computer. It records information necessary for certain website functions, such as remembering your preferences or settings.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can set your browser and/or firewall to block them. You will still be able to access most of our website content but some interactive features will be unavailable.
VII. Your right to access and amend your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within 2 years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to, or an amendment of, your information are as follows:
- To obtain access to your information: You should submit a request in writing to Robert Owens, President, Owens Group, 619 Palisade Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The request should include your name, address, Social Security number, telephone number, and the recorded information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested.
- To correct, amend, or delete any of your information: You should submit a request in writing to Robert Owens, President, Owens Group, 619 Palisade Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The request should include your name, address, Social Security number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the corrections, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal, which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
IIX. Our Policy regarding dispute resolution:
IX. Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of it’s interests, Owens Group, and its affiliates reserve the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that 1) concentrates its business in a similar practice of service; 2) agrees to be Owens Group’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and 3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.